A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Fugl is currently in alpha, meaning we are still adding new features to the game and improving stability and performance. We are looking for players who want to play the early version of the game, and hopefully also get involved in its development. The game currently has the following requirements:
- 64 bit only
- For Windows/Linux OpenGL 4.3 is required
- For Mac, Metal 1.1 is required
- A fairly modern computer with a good chunk of gpu memory is required at this stage (around 2 GB). We are working on lowering the requirements.
- 3 GB of harddrive space
WHAT IS FUGL?
Fugl is a sandbox game where you create the story, playing as a shape-shifting bird. Relax and feel the breeze under your wings as you glide serenely across picturesque landscapes, or kick up the excitement and soar up steep cliffs like an eagle. With no set rules the free roaming gameplay lets you discover the beauty and secrets of the world at your own pace and dares you to make your own meaning for a stress-free experience.
Fugl’s world is a vast and unique voxel playground. It is procedurally generated yet carefully crafted, with diverse areas to explore, from icy wind blown caves to tropical paradises to great deserts and old growth forests. Each environment is rich in diverse wildlife with hundreds of animals to find. You may even be lucky enough to stumble across rare mythical creatures. Come close to any of these creatures and you have the chance to take on new visual characteristics and flying behaviours inspired by them.
Give the world of Fugl your own creative touch by personalising it in the extensive level creator and craft your custom bird in the avatar editor.
- Freely control a bird and enjoy the thrill of flying
- Experience meditative and task free gameplay at your own pace
- Sink into the beautiful voxel art style
- Discover the vast carefully crafted world
- Explore varied areas - from tropical beaches to snowy mountains and alien worlds
- Take on new visual characteristics and flying behaviours inspired by other animals
- Make your own custom bird in the avatar editor
- Shape your personal world with the level creator
- Enjoy the relaxing soundtrack created with the sounds and ambience of nature
- Receive regular content updates throughout Early Access, including new areas, new animals and new features
We are very proud of what we have accomplished so far, but we still have a few things we'd like to add to the game, before we come out of Early Access. The following are features that we'd really like to add, but everything is subject to change as development is still on-going.
Feel Free as a Bird
- Expand on the core experience of flying: Add wind, thermals, clouds, day/night-cycle and different kinds of weather.
- Just as there are many different types of birds, we'd like to be able to support many different ways of enjoying life as a bird in Fugl. Some are looking for a more chilled experienced, and some for a frantic challenging experience. We are working on ways to support different modes of play.
- Birds can do more than just glide on the winds, break, speed up or hop on the ground and we want to support as many special manoeuvres and abilities as we can!
- Fugl is not the only living thing in the world. We want the wildlife to be able to influence you, and you to influence them!
A Living World
The animals in Fugl are really important for providing a sense of life, interaction and immersion in the world.
- Improved AI For the animals
- Better physics For the animals
- Physics interactions between the player and the animals
- Faster and improved distribution of animals in the world
- Animal motivations to make them more interesting to interact with
- More animations
Environments & Level Creator
- Support for more procedurally generated content
- More support for user generated content like voxel models
Rendering, Hardware and Platforms
- We are old-school so we are still looking to improve performance and reduce memory requirements wherever we can!
- We still have a few rendering tricks up our sleeve that we are working on
- Support More Languages
Fugl Discord server: https://discord.gg/8Cb4Uya
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Authors||kotoristudios, marcoapc, gormlai, Johan Gjestland|
|Tags||Animals, Casual, Experimental, Flight, flying, nature, Open World, Procedural Generation, Relaxing, Voxel|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Homepage, Facebook|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Clouds63 days ago
- A bit of Polish!Apr 27, 2019
- Avatar Physics and Sound UpdateMar 17, 2019
- Underwater, Gallery & Collection MechanicFeb 24, 2019
- Wind Effects!Nov 22, 2018
- Small Bugfix & Sound UpdateOct 27, 2018
- Halloween UpdateOct 21, 2018
- Biomes reworked! (Mac only, PC/Linux coming!)Apr 08, 2018